Junbush senator likely Sayyaf's 2nd VP
KABUL (WNA-Oct.3, 2013): Meshrano Jirga member from the Junbush-e-Milli Islami Mawlavi Abdul Wahab Irfan, has been reported to have been picked as Prof. Abdul Rassoul Sayyaf's 2nd vice-president, a source said Thursday.
Sayyaf quit as lower house member on Wednesday and announced his resignation to run for the presidential office, with the Minister of Water and Energy Ismail Khan as the first vice-president.
Junbush leader Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum was said to have recommended his party key member Irfan to be picked as the top slot.
Sayyaf is expected to go to the Independent Election Commission (IEC) along with his VPs to file their nomination papers for the top posts.
Report: Ruhollah Zahir
Rate this article
- 80,000 students to be recruited to higher, semi higher institutions
- Taliban leaders among several killed, wounded in coalition forces operation
- Taliban district leader among several killed, wounded in Sar-e-Pul
- Distrust growing among government armed oppositions, governor
- 250 foreign forces facilities delivered to Afghan forces, ISAF